Thanks for visiting!
We hope you can find everything you need. Big Stick Darts and Supplies is focused on providing high-quality service and customer satisfaction - we will do everything we can to meet your expectations.
With a variety of supplies to choose from, we're sure you'll be happy working with us. Look around our website and if you have any comments or questions, please feel free to contact us.
We hope to see you again! Check back later for new updates to our website. There's much more to come!
I am a Miracle baby!! I was born on 6-7-13. On 8-19-13, I had trach, feeding tube and stomach wrap done. On 8-20-13, I was diagnosed with SMA Type 1.
Can you help me get a handicapped van so my mommy can take me to the doctors easier with less chance of injuring me?
What is SMA Type 1?
- Infants with SMA type I are born with very little muscle tone, weak muscles, and feeding and breathing problems.
- With SMA type II, symptoms may not appear until age 6 months to 2 years.
- Type III SMA is a milder disease that starts in childhood or adolescence and slowly gets worse.
- Type IV is even milder, with weakness starting in adulthood.
Often, weakness is first felt in the shoulder and leg muscles. Weakness gets worse over time and eventually becomes severe.
Symptoms in an infant:
- Breathing difficulty, leading to a lack of oxygen
- Feeding difficulty (food may go into the windpipe instead of the stomach)
- Floppy infant (poor muscle tone)
- Lack of head control
- Little movement
- Weakness that gets worse
Symptoms in a child:
- Frequent, increasingly severe respiratory infections
- Nasal speech
- Posture that gets worse